- Start the MAMP application. The start page will open a new web browser page, but will fail to connect, which is expected since the server isn’t really running although MAMP seems to think it is.
- Click the Preferences button.
- In the Preferences window, don’t make any changes. Just click the OK button.
- Results: The Apache and MySQL servers will stop and restart. Correctly, this time, rather than spinning infinitely. To make sure things are working, click the Open Start Page button; the MAMP start page should then load in a new browser page.
- If the Dashboard widget still continues to spin, just click its Stop Servers button, wait for the servers to stop completely, then click Start Servers.
Thanks to Iwaruna.com